Happy summer to you and yours. The Intuit® Tax Pro Center decided to have some fun with its authors, asking them to send in a fun summer photo and/or recipe to share with others. Here’s what we received.
Elcorese Brown – Charis Business Solutions, LLC
At a resort in Las Vegas!
Christiane Hile, JD, author of “Focus on fraud: Romance and remarriage in later years”
Addictive Sundowner Avocado Dip
- 2-3 x ripe avocados
- 1x Small log goat cheese
- Olive oil (high quality)
- Salt to taste (optional)
1. Peel, cut, and using a fork, smush ripe avocados on a medium sized flat plate that has a lip around the edges.
2. Crumble the goat cheese and sprinkle capers all over the avocado base.
3. Liberally drizzle olive oil all over; do not skimp on the oil!
4. Add a light touch of salt to taste if you like (not necessary though).
Eat like a dip with pita chips or crunchy fresh bread.
Carrie Kahn – Complete Business Group:
Chilin’ on the patio – a perfect summer.
Bhairavi Parikh, CPA – Analytix Solutions:
Our family favorite campfire dessert is a Marshmallow Sandwich. I love this one, mainly because it is very simple quick and just requires four easy steps … and guess what? Four out of five steps are “mommy free:”
- Step 1. Spread Nutella or chocolate spread on one side of two slices of bread.
- Step 2. Sprinkle some mini chocolate chips on one slice.
- Step 3. Add Marshmallows on top of chocolate chips and cover with the second slice of bread.
- Step 4. Give it to the mommy to grill it – the only step mom has to do.
- Step 5. The grilled sandwich goes to dad who has a big tub of ice cream. He tops the sandwich with a scoop of ice cream and boom! Dessert is ready to serve.
Andrea M. Parness, CPA, CTC – A. Parness Company CPA:
My daughter Emily graduated from her residency program; here is her program director showing her his comments.
Heather Satterley, CPA – Satterley Training and Consulting:
Heather recently learned how to ride a horse!